Knitting and theatre

Is this the world's first knitting and theatre blog? Looking at the two things that take up 90% of any spare time I have.

14 August 2006

Time is flying

Another month gone! How does that happen? Since I last wrote, I've performed at an RSC theatre, been on holidays, and got quite a lot of knitting done. I just need to sew up my exchange gift and then I can send it off. Now that I've seen it all tacked together and practically finished, I'm actually quite proud of it. I hope my exchange person likes it! I received my gift this week - the loveliest pair of felted slippers and some socks. The slippers are so comfortable and I look like a little pixie wearing them!

While on holiday I also started a bag from a Debbie Bliss pattern. It's supposed to be a nappy bag, but it's nice enough to be any sort of tote, really. In Finland, I went to Marimekko during the sale and bought quite a few remnants, which I think will make good bag lining material - quite sturdy, and very atttractive, especially against a plain yarn.

I also picked up some really interesting yarns, both in Finland and Denmark. Will have to work out what to do with them. They add to the list of ongoing projects which includes:

a jacket for Sian's baby (which has now been born!)in Debbie Bliss Cashmerino astrakhan
2 Kim Hargreaves kits (on in kid silk haze, the other I can't remember)
An Emma King evening bag
the Debbie Bliss tote I mentioned earlier
A lovely top in Rowan Cotton Glace from Mag 39

Which given I'm getting no opportunity to knit at the moment is quite enough I think!

Theatre-wise things are just as packed. Straight back from holiday, straight back into rehearsals for the Blue Room. We have very little time - just three and a half weeks till the dress rehearsal - but if we manage to pull it off, I think it'll be very cool. Let's wait and see!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home